About Hawes Arborists
Originally established as a partnership in 2003, Hawes Arborists offers over 14 years experience in tree surgery and pride ourselves on the quality of our work and the efficient and friendly tree services we provide in Shaftesbury, Sherborne, Gillingham and Warminster and throughout the wider Dorset, Somerset and Wiltshire area.
Hawes Arborists works to suit your tree surgery needs no matter how big or small the job is. The majority of our work is now generated through client referrals and recommendations.
Our aim is to care for and to preserve the trees in your environment while endeavouring to ensure the safety of those around them. Contact us for a free quote and expert friendly advice 01747 850253.
Some examples of our tree services from our team at work can be viewed from the video links below…
Our arboriculture qualifications have been awarded by the City & Guilds Land Based Services (formerly NPTC) which is the UK’s largest awarding body in the land-based sector encompassing agriculture, horticulture, forestry, animal care, conservation, machinery and much more.
Offering tree surgery in Wiltshire, tree surgery in Somerset, tree surgery in Dorset and the West Country, we cover an extensive area including, but not limited to:
Amesbury, Bath, Blandford, Bradford-On-Avon, Chippenham, Devizes, The Donheads, The Deverills, Frome, The Lavingtons, Malmesbury, Marlborough, Melksham, Mere, Midsomer Norton, Paulton, Pewsey, Radstock, Salisbury, Shaftesbury, Sherborne, Sturminster Newton, Tisbury, Trowbridge, Vale of Pewsey, Warminster, Westbury, Gillingham, Broadchalke, Bowerchalke, Nadder Valley, Cranbourne Chase, Blackmore Vale and everywhere in between…
How We Work
- Call or e-mail us with your enquiry or for a quote
- We arrange a site visit to provide a general check on tree health
- We will then advise and outline all work and estimates with a FREE quote. Remember sometimes, less work is the better option!
- Our friendly tree surgery team will then schedule you in, carry out the work and leave your garden/site clean and tidy.
Other services we can provide include:
- Tree reductions, re-shaping and pruning
- Specialist fruit tree pruning
- Tree removals, dismantling and felling
- Management of dangerous trees
- tree safety inspections
- Surveys to BS 5837 (2012) ‘Trees in Relation to Construction’ and inspections for legal or insurance reasons or for a general health check of your trees
- Woodland management and biodiversity planning
- Stump and root grinding
- Specialist hedge maintenance and trimming of all species, height and shape
- Recycling our waste for use as mulch and fuels
- Commercial and domestic work (CHAS ; CSCS registered)
- LOLER inspections carried out by a qualified inspector
- Bespoke Tree House, Zip Wire and Rope Swing Service
We will remove all waste from your garden or site and will leave it tidy.
As part of our service, we can also log up any timber to provide you with a valuable source of fuel, increasingly more expensive to buy these days.
We recycle or compost any waste where we can and our woodchip is used in the generation of electricity.
Furthermore, we have a waste carrier license issued from The Environment Agency No EAN/966300
Whether you are a homeowner, a property owner, a large or small business or a local authority, at Hawes Arborists, we are able to undertake your arboriculture needs. We are fully qualified, accredited and our practices conform to industry standards including:
- Tree work undertaken to British Standard, BS3998
- Only suitably NPTC trained, experienced and qualified staff employed
- Public liability insurance in place to a value of £5million
- Professional indemnity insurance in place
- Employers liability insurance in place
- We can apply for planning on any tree work on trees with a protection order and trees with in conservation area – a service we offer for FREE
- References on request
- Our industry qualifications include NC Hort Arb. Tech.Arbor.A.
- Hawes Arborists is proud to support The Game and Wildlife Conservation Trust in its efforts to look after and preserve our outdoor national heritage